Current Real Estate Statistics
Property Types (active listings)
Listings in Golden, CO
Top 10 Reasons to live in Golden, CO:
- The Outdoors - With 402 acres of open space and 253 acres of park inside the city itself, it's no wonder that Golden's residents love the outdoors. Mountain bikers, kayakers, hikers, road bikers, and even paragliders flock to Golden's countless outdoor activities.
- Proximity - 20 minutes from Denver, 25 minutes to Boulder and a little over an hour to the popular mountain ski towns, residents appreciate the small town feel without the sacrifice.
- Clear Creek - Visit downtown Golden on any sunny day and you'll find countless people enjoying Clear Creek's paved trail right along the river. In warmer months, kayakers, tubers and adventurous children taking advantage of this gorgeous river.
- Events - The city of Golden organizes countless events throughout the year, such as a weekly summer Farmer's Market, Holiday Candlelight Walk, Music Festivals and more. While non-residents can attend, it's that much more special when it's your own hometown.
- Breweries - Coors is clearly the most well known brewery in Golden, but locals and visitors alike love the micro-brews as well, including New Terrain, Golden City Brewery, Cannonball Creek, Mountain Toad, and one of Denver's only Gluten-free breweries, Holidaily.
- Restaurants - Golden's restaurants are ecclectic with a mix of traditional and global menus. Try some of our favorites: Sherpa House, Abejas, D'deli and Ali Baba's.
- History - As one of Colorado's oldest cities, this gold rush town is filled with historic architecture and plenty of character.
- Less Density - In comparison to cities like Denver, Golden offers residents more spacious living. Golden's residential zoning, Jefferson county's open space and trail requirements, a history of larger lots, and the sheer nature of topography in the foothills all result in a less dense environment.
- Views - Views of the mountains, Denver skyline, and breathtaking sunsets...no matter where you stand in Golden, you almost always have a great view!
- People - A place is only as great as it's people are and Golden has some of the best! Spend a day here and you'll find friendly, approachable people with a genuine appreciation for where they live.
Style of Homes for Sale in Golden: The style and size of homes in Golden vary, primarily due to the fact that original homes from the 19th century still stand while new home communities are still being built. Generally speaking, though, Golden homes are traditional in style and are largely influenced by the topography and location. For example, the floorplans and yards of homes in Golden's Beverly Heights neighborhood were directly impacted by its location at the base of Lookout Mountain. In contrast, homes in downtown Golden are typically smaller and some are built in a Victorian style, due to when they were built.
History of Golden, CO: The name of the town is anything but a coincidence. In the mid-19th century, gold was found in Clear Creek, immediately attracting gold minders seeking their fortune. Shortly after, farmers discovered the rich soil in the foothills, furthering the city’s popularity. Eventually, ‘Golden City’ became the capital of the Colorado Territory in 1862. About 14 years later, Goldenites reluctantly handed this honor to Denver, but this change did not dampen the growth of this vital city. This rich history blossomed the City of Golden to the highly-sought after place it is today.
Location of Golden, CO: Golden is located about 20 minutes west of Denver, right at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. The city is just north of I-70, resulting in a relatively short drive to Colorado's most popular ski towns like Vail and Breckenridge.
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.