Current Real Estate Statistics
Property Types (active listings)
Listings in Denver's Berkeley Neighborhood
Style of Homes for Sale in Berkeley: Denver's Berkeley neighborhood offers an eclectic mix of homes including restored bungalows, small cottages, new construction custom homes, and new modern duplexes spec homes, many of which have a rooftop deck. Based on the current trend, the smaller homes, particularly those near 38th & Tennyson, will continue to be replaced with larger, new homes.
New Construction Trend: Modern homes in Denver, especially modern duplex homes, are becoming more and more common in Denver and Berkeley is one of the key neighborhoods contributing to this trend. The streets surrounding Berkeley's 38th & Tennyson strip are now filled with new construction homes, most of which were built in the past 5 years and modern in style. These homes are a mix of spec homes and custom homes and offer buyers much larger homes in a highly desired neighborhood. Feaster Realty specializes in new construction homes in Denver so we often know of new construction home listings before they even go under construction. Contact us if a new construction home in Berkeley is something you are considering!
History of Berkeley: For more than a century, 38th & Tennyson was the home of the family-owned Elitch Gardens Amusement Park, one of Colorado's most popular destinations. In 1994, the park moved to its current location in downtown Denver and the Berkeley neighborhood began its dramatic evolution. Berkeley's further renaissance came in 2011 as a result of City Congressman Rick Garcia's push for $2.5M of public funding, most of which went towards the 38th & Tennyson area. Home values and new businesses have both thrived over the past 5-10 years.
Things to Do in Denver's Berkeley Neighborhood:
- Tennyson Strip – Commonly referred to 38th & Tennyson, this strip now offers restaurants, shops and bars from W. 38th Ave. all the way to W. 46th Ave. Some of Denver's favorite restaurants can be found on this strip and new businesses of all sorts are opening regularly in the area.
- Berkeley Park & Rocky Mountain Lake Park – These two large parks offer more than lake and mountain views. With bicycle/pedestrian trails, fishing, public indoor and outdoor pools, rec center, soccer field, softball field, tennis courts, sheltered picnic area, playground, library and a dog park, these two parks are one of the main reasons why Berkeley is one of Denver's top neighborhoods.
- First Friday – Visit Berkeley on the first Friday of any month and you'll see why people rave about this neighborhood. Visitors stroll along Tennyson to visit the art galleries, shop in the boutiques and enjoy a drink or dinner. In the summer, some of the local businesses even host a band that can be heard along the most of the strip.
- The Oriental Theater - Hosting everything from popular bands to beer and film festivals, this historic theater at the corner of Tennyson and 44th brings character and culture to all of NW Denver.
- De Steeg Brewery & other hard to find treasures - Hidden in the alley on the SE side of 44th & Tennyson, you'll struggle to find this small, artisan brewery that neighbors frequent. While De Steeg Brewery itself is notable, it also is a good example of Berkeley's many hidden treasures that only locals can find.
- Harkness Heights - Harkness Heights (also known as the Grandview), Berkeley’s designated historic Denver neighborhood, offers a different feel than the rest of Berkeley. Protected by the historic designation, this very small section on the east side of Berkeley is a great option for buyers looking for an older home filled with history. The sense of community is strong in this neighborhood, where neighbors know each other and love to spend time on their front porches for this reason. Most homes in Harkness Heights are well-kept brick bungalows and tudors.
Boundaries: The boundaries for Berkeley are I-70 to the North, 38th Avenue to the South, Federal to the East and Sheridan to the West.
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.